RDO Equipment Precision Product Specialist in Aberdeen, South Dakota
This individual will provide product expertise on specific precision product lines and build long term relationships within the territory to maximize company profitability and market share. This individual will be expected to specialize in the precision product lines in order to provide support to Account Managers and customers on the products.
Specific Duties Include:
• Increase market share and profitability for the stated range of precision products within the geographic area.
• Develop relationships and network throughout the industry to monitor and participate in all product activities. Know the market; where future work will be done, where it is currently being done and by whom. Develop an open and “real time” channel of communication throughout the industry.
• Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
• Create opportunities by evaluating customer fleets and techniques, and proactively propose better solutions.
• Schedule, organize and perform product demonstrations and technical presentations.
• Coordinate the delivery of all new machines and provide onsite operation and maintenance training. Regularly follow up with customer’s deliveries to insure they remain fully trained, well supported and highly satisfied.
• Communicate regularly with the store management and full line sales professionals to share information on activity within their regions.
• Be a primary channel of communication for product technical and commercial issues with manufacturing partners.
• Be an active and highly visible participant in industry groups and events and keep abreast of competitive activity, products, and pricing.
• Seek additional sales, parts and service opportunities for the Company and report those prospects to the appropriate team members.
• Provide training for our customers and employees, which includes continual education on developments for our product line, as well as that of our competitors.
• Assist customers with parts, service and repair requirements.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to work independently
• Prior sales experience and/or training
• Good understanding of local market conditions
• Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.