Valero Shipping & Receiving Operator - Ethanol Plant in AURORA, South Dakota
Responsible for unloading raw materials and loading ethanol and distiller’s grain, as well as the movement of trucks and rails cars on the plant site. Ensure maximum production quantity and quality while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Operates and maintains all processes associated with corn receiving, corn storage, product storage, unloading, and loading.
- Unloads corn from trucks and railcars
- Loads ethanol into trucks and railcars.
- Loads distiller’s grains into trucks, railcars, and containers.
- Takes samples of corn, ethanol, and distiller’s grains for testing.
- Operates plant scale house; probes, analyzes, and grades corn, weighs trucks in and out, enters data into scale house software, issues paperwork to drivers.
- Operates meters and bulk weighers to facilitate product loading.
- Operates locomotive or rail mover to move railcars on plant site to facilitate loading and unloading of product.
- Operates large machinery and equipment such as front end loaders and lifts.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks as required.
- Performs routine housekeeping duties to maintain a clean work environment.
- Monitors area equipment and assists with maintenance as required.
- Communicates regularly with local rail service to facilitate rail movement activities.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with the movement and loading of rail cars preferred.
- Experience working with heavy equipment in an industrial environment or grain elevator preferred.
- Experience with the operation of front-end loaders, forklift trucks, rail movers, man lifts, and related material handling equipment preferred.
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
Experience with standard computer software programs, i.e. Microsoft Outlook and SAP, preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Aurora
Valero's Aurora ethanol plant is located near Aurora, South Dakota, six miles east of Brookings and 60 miles north of Sioux Falls. The bio-refinery sits on 420 acres and started ethanol production in November 2003. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. Recognized as the ethanol industry's first 100 million-gallon-per-year production facility, the Aurora plant now annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distiller grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-SD-Aurora
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2020, 2:19:17 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 19001OG
- Valero Jobs