CDM Smith Emerging Contaminants/PFAS Practice Leader in Brookings, South Dakota
The Environmental Services Group (ESG) has an immediate need for an Emerging Contaminants/PFAS Practice Leader. The Practice Leader is a global technical and sales role with responsibility for growing the business through technical advancement, innovative applications, and luminescence. As a “thought leader” at CDM Smith you will present visionary and influential views in Emerging Contaminants/PFAS within our remediation, solid waste, drinking water and wastewater practices both internally and to our clients.
We are open to filling this position in any of our offices across the United States
As the Practice Leader and visionary, you would contribute to CDM Smith's transformational growth by:
• Advancing the practice through technical ingenuity, innovation, and growing top line sales.
• Positioning us technically, ahead of challenges being recognized in the marketplace.
• Collaborating with the client service units, pre-positioning for major pursuits by identifying and showcasing our technical differentiators.
• Recruiting and retaining strategic technical talent and the best and brightest employees.
• Developing and guiding technical specialists and discipline leaders within the practice and driving new ideas for research and development.
• Embracing continuous improvement, a culture of quality, accountability to commitments, and CDM Smith’s Core Values; and challenge of the “status quo”.
• Embracing the continuous search and application of innovative technologies that provide CDM Smith with a competitive edge and allow us to help our clients solve challenging problems and to do more for less.
• Embracing the opportunities afforded by a matrix organization and leverage its advantages to grow the firm while keeping our existing clients “CDM Smith clients”.
Emerging Contaminants/PFAS Practice Leader
CDM Smith Employment Type:
15 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related discipline
• Professional engineering (PE) license or related discipline with professional scientist registration/certification OR Master’s degree in Science or related discipline
• Proven leadership and visionary abilities.
• Promotes a culture of collaboration, quality, and leading by example through CDM Smith’s Vision and Core Values.
• Strongly demonstrates CDM Smith’s Leadership Competencies of Promoting a High-Performance Culture, Trust and Accountability, Building Alliances, and Continuous Improvement.
• Drives staff engagement, retention, hiring and development within the group.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Is an exemplary service provider to both our external and internal clients.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business (e.g., utilization, project profitability, overhead, staffing, etc.)
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
- CDM Smith Jobs