Hy-Vee Food Stores Online Shopping Manager - Full Time in Brookings, South Dakota
Job Title: Online Shopping Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 11/2014
The Online Shopping Manager oversees the planning, implementation, staffing, and tracking for the fulfillment and delivery of the store's online shopping website. Will maintain the order fulfillment process and scheduling of personal shoppers and delivery drivers.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Product Manager; Department Managers
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Assists customers by: (examples include)
+ + escorting them to the products they're looking for
securing products that are out of reach
loading or unloading heavy items
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
Answers the telephone and emails promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
Ensures smooth operation of order fulfillment process.
Responsible for training new employees.
Responsible for department employee scheduling.
Ensures that customers are satisfied with their experience and takes any steps necessary to address customer service issues.
Adheres to all food safety guidelines and ensures products are kept at proper temperature to provide customers with the highest quality possible.
Provides education to existing employees regarding new policies and procedures.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be skilled in the computer as well as the internet.
· Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
· Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking.
· Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
· Must possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data, and advise people. Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information; guide people to provide basic direction and have increased contact with people.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
· Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner
· Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
· Ability to interact with basic computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet and email applications, as well as job-specific programs
The duties of this position are mostly performed in a retail store setting. This position maybe exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There are possible hazards from moving equipment and possible electrical shock. There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC, modem, and printer with Windows NT, Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet explorer software. UNIX systems with VDT's cash registers and register computers, Telexon, electronic scales, calculator, telephone, and FAX machine.
Has daily contact with store personnel, suppliers/vendors, customers, and the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including inventory costs, sales, e-mail messages, pricing, sales reports, profit and loss reports, and all data related to operations.