Pipestone System Filter Compliance Tech in Elkton, South Dakota
- Review all structural areas of the farm to ensure they are adequately biosecure.
- Make sure the exterior areas of the farm are biosecure, including rodent baiting, feed bin management, composting and general area outside of the farm.
- Make sure the interior areas of the farm are biosecure, including filter audits, rodent baiting, and fan and shutter maintenance.
- Complete daily audits of the open and closed fans. Record all backdrafts and repair as necessary.
- Review all exterior doors and critical access points on each facility to check for back drafting.
- Observe each fan and/or chute on a daily basis, addressing faulty issues as needed.
- Monitor inventory of all equipment and supplies in bio secure areas.
- Make sure airlock protocols are adhered too.
- Make sure D/D (disinfection/downtime) Room and protocols are adhered too.
- Inspect transition areas, making sure they are clean and protocols are being followed when in use.
- Conduct routine attic inspections to monitor filter effectiveness.
- Assistance in swine production areas within the farm as time allows
Education:High School Diploma or GED Preferred
Experience:2+ Years Livestock Experience with High School Diploma Preferred
Training:My Pipestone New Hire Courses
- Animal Welfare
- Employee Handbook
Additional Position Related My Pipestone Assigned
Monthly Animal Welfare, Biosecurity and Safety Topics (combined)
Annual Safety Refresher Training
* Environment:* Agricultural swine environment in rural area
Noise levels that require hearing protection in some areas
Gestation, farrowing, and small swine care processes
* Requirements:* Standing, walking and ability to be on feet 8 to 10 hours per day
Frequent bending, reaching, squatting and kneeling
Frequent use of one or both hands/arms to grasp or pull
Frequent lifting of objects weighing 3-20 pounds
Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds, or requiring up to 50 pounds of force to move
Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds or requiring up to 100 pounds of force to move with the assistance of another person as needed
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Must be able to print and/or write legibly
Requirements:Must be able to work weekends
Must have reliable method of transportation to get to work
ALL ADDRESSES: Elkton, SD
Job Title: Filter Compliance Tech
Req Num: 18-581