Welcov Healthcare Restorative Aide in Mitchell, South Dakota
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the on-site supervision of a licensed nurse, assists in the provision of restorative/rehabilitative care to residents as identified and directed by nursing as part of the care plan. Completes assigned, routine, non-treatment activities, which are pre-determined for each patient by the restorative therapy program to strengthen muscles, assist with mobility, promote independence, prevent functional declines. Operates within the guidelines consistent with accepted/legal standards of practice relevant to individual's level of training/education).
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
- Assists patients with exercise (Active Range of Motion/Passive Range of Motion) to improve or maintain mobility and independence in the resident.
- Provides residents with routine restorative care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment, care plan and as established by physical or occupational therapist.
- Documents care on Rehabilitation/Restorative flow sheet.
- Monitors, assists in and document results of residents' activities of daily living programs such as dressing, feeding and personal hygiene; maintain restorative therapy notes in residents' record.
- Encourages the residents to perform tasks for him/herself as appropriate and as assigned in resident's plan of care.
- Notifies Charge Nurse of any problems, referrals or reassessments needed.
- Ambulates residents as assigned by nursing while utilizing appropriate equipment or devices in a safe manner.
- Assists residents to apply and remove splints or prostheses as assigned by nursing and the overall plan of care.
- Observe body alignment of all residents in bed, chairs and wheelchairs, especially those using various positioning devices or contracture padding and perform adjustments/corrections, as necessary;
- Encourage eye-hand coordination by assisting residents to participate in restorative feeding program.
- Monitor wheelchair-bound residents to ensure proper use, positioning and fit of leg extenders and footrests;
- Check and adjust resident urinary drainage bags and catheters to assure correct placement.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse any adverse conditions experienced by the resident during the provisions of restorative care including, but not limited to, pain.
- Assist in transfer and transportation of residents as needed;
- Prepare residents, treatment areas, equipment and supplies for treatment.
- Monitors use and condition of adaptive equipment (walkers, gait trainers, crutches) and assistive devices. Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment as needed.
- Assists in maintaining therapy area and equipment in clean, safe, functional condition.
- Ensure that adequate supplies for treatments are maintained.
- Arranges/adjusts restorative service schedule according to resident needs for service.
- Maintain resident confidence and protect facility operations by keeping information confidential.
- Protect residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Assist the licensed PT, OT, ST or Restorative Nurse in other non-treatment activities.
- Performs all duties and functions as listed in the Certified Nursing Assistant job description.
- Attends all required in-services of the facility.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a whole.
- Residents, resident families, co-workers and visitors will be treated with respect, dignity and kindness.
- Support the mission, vision and values of the facility
- Employee behavior will consistently be in a manner that demonstrates both employee's and the company's commitment to an ethical, honest and above-board approach in all dealings with employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
- Report to work on time and for scheduled shifts as attendance is required to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
LOCATION CODE: Firesteel HC-FIRES
Job Title: Restorative Aide
Sign-on Bonus: $1,000.00