Pipestone System Filter Compliance Tech- Jackrabbit in Mount Vernon, South Dakota
- Review all structural areas of the farm to ensure they are adequately biosecure.
- Make sure the exterior areas of the farm are biosecure, including rodent baiting, feed bin management, composting and general area outside of the farm.
- Make sure the interior areas of the farm are biosecure, including filter audits, rodent baiting, and fan and shutter maintenance.
- Complete daily audits of the open and closed fans. Record all backdrafts and repair as necessary.
- Review all exterior doors and critical access points on each facility to check for back drafting.
- Observe each fan and/or chute on a daily basis, addressing faulty issues as needed.
- Monitor inventory of all equipment and supplies in bio secure areas.
- Make sure airlock protocols are adhered too.
- Make sure D/D (disinfection/downtime) Room and protocols are adhered too.
- Inspect transition areas, making sure they are clean and protocols are being followed when in use.
- Conduct routine attic inspections to monitor filter effectiveness.
- Assistance in swine production areas within the farm as time allows
Education:High School Diploma or GED Preferred
Experience:2+ Years Livestock Experience with High School Diploma Preferred
Training:My Pipestone New Hire Courses
- Animal Welfare
- Employee Handbook
- Additional Position Related My Pipestone Assigned
- Monthly Animal Welfare, Biosecurity and Safety Topics (combined)
- Annual Safety Refresher Training
- Agricultural swine environment in rural area
- Noise levels that require hearing protection in some areas gestation, farrowing, and small swine care processes
- Standing, walking and ability to be on feet 8 to 10 hours per day
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent use of one or both hands/arms to grasp or pull
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing 3-20 pounds
- Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds, or requiring up to 50 pounds of force to move
- Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds or requiring up to 100 pounds of force to move with the assistance of another person as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to print and/or write legibly
Must be able to work weekends and have reliable method of transportation to get to work
ALL ADDRESSES: Mount Vernon, SD
Job Title: Filter Compliance Tech- Jackrabbit
Location: Jackrabbit Family Pork-20313
Req Num: 20-509