American Express Analyst-Compliance in Pierre, South Dakota
The Line of Business Compliance Officers (LOBCOs) supporting the Global Servicing Network (GSN) are part of the greater Global Shared Services Compliance team and are responsible for the second line oversight and consultative support of GSN operations. This analyst position is a new role developed to support various channels of customer servicing and marketing throughout GSN. The role will provide Compliance support to the Customer Engagement Network (CEN), the Global Partner Network (GPN), and a variety of Value Generation sales initiatives.
This analyst position will be responsible for the timely review of procedures, training materials, complaints and monitoring output, customer care representative communications and alerts, and other marketing and servicing related materials. The responsibilities include Compliance support across CEN, GPN and Val Gen, serving as a GSN Compliance central support resource for assisting in the development, review and approval of materials for telephone servicing and marketing activities across GSN.
Job Responsibilities * Provide compliance input, review, and approval of procedures and training collateral created for distribution across various servicing and marketing channels * Assist LOBCOs with analysis of monitoring and testing results * Identify areas of opportunity related to consistency among lines of business and programs * Support new initiatives and determine risk and compliance impacts * Demonstrate and maintain proficient knowledge of banking rules; ability to apply regulatory knowledge to operations and services * Support audit, compliance testing, and regulatory exams as necessary * Provide guidance and compliance consultation to business partners on projects and initiatives; interface effectively to ensure proper communication and collaboration across organizational lines
- Familiarity with US Banking regulations
- Prior experience with telesales or telemarketing activities
- Operational knowledge of GSN (especially CEN, GPN and Val Gen Programs) a plus
- Ability to manage competing priorities and cross functional projects with varying and demanding deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter with proven problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across multiple teams
- Ability to research and assess regulatory impact to business systems, processes and initiatives
- Ability to support decisions appropriately and influence others to achieve desired results
- Persistence in conducting root-cause analysis and excellent attention to detail while keeping broader issues/objectives in mind; ability to develop recommendations for practical solutions to compliance requirements
- Compliance, audit, legal experience or equivalent work experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Requisition ID: 18017093