General Electric Business Development Leader - Process Liquids and Buffers in Pierre, South Dakota
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Proactively develops & implemens strategies & sales for the Process Liquids & Buffers product portfolio & services. Implement & sustain strategic relationships/alliances with Account Managers, Sales/Modality Specialist and Customers. The PLB BDM will be responsible for establishing relationships in Cell Therapy, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical sectors to drive PLB capabilities and growth. This role will develop & lead training & support for both buffer product line development & sales.
• Develop an extensive strategy, proper sales training for the USCAN SS and AM teams around gaining market share in process liquids and buffers.
• Prospecting for new customers and business in the region in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel.
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, initiating and planning customer visits at all level of the customer organization, and working with the Product Sales Specialists in demonstrating the breadth and range of One Life Science capabilities in assigned accounts.
• Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, department heads and CXO level personnel as appropriate.
• Utilizing internal sales tools, maintaining CRM and coordination of relevant GEHC LS personnel to the accounts as needed to meet business objectives for the accounts.
• Growing and developing revenue at expected sales margins, whilst using the breadth of resources available such as leasing and GoldSeal.
• Working with GE Consumables distribution partners to maximize revenue from the territory for GEHC LS Consumables Products.
• Developing and maintaining a full understanding of the GE HC One LS value proposition and a high-level knowledge of competitive products and services.
• Achieve annual revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, through territory penetration and opportunities prioritization
• Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
• Communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
• Proficient in reading, writing, and conversational Spanish, specifically in a bio pharmaceutical and sales capacity
• Sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation across a wide portfolio of products and service
• Experience working within a complex technical environment in customer facing role
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business (30% overnight)
• Strong communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
• To the extent, you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
• Relationship building skills in a biotechnology environment
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, closing and growing a sales territory
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Bachelor of Science in Life Science discipline strongly preferred
• Previous Life Science Experience selling commercial scale Buffers
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a complex, matrix team structure.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Continental US
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.