General Electric Image Analytics Scientist in Pierre, South Dakota
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more at http://www.ge.com/research at http://www.geglobalresearch.com/ or http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs , and connect with our technologists at http://www.edisonsdesk.com and http://twitter.com/GEresearch
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As an Image Analytics Scientist, you will develop computer vision and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from medical and industrial images. You will conduct research on real-world commercial applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms to prototype software and solutions.
• Develop software algorithms and tools for analysis and interpretation of medical image and industrial data.
• Develop and implement prototypes and solutions and demonstrate applications to real world problems by quick prototyping and validation.
• Leverage your computer vision expertise to invent and implement algorithms for detection and characterization, recognition, structural and semantic understanding, and inference from images and image ensembles.
• Leverage imaging physics to enhance algorithmic performance.
• Employ software libraries, tools, practices to implement efficient, scalable, and reusable solutions.
• Create intellectual property by writing invention disclosures and filing patents.
• Team with image hardware, control system researchers to jointly develop solutions
• M.S Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with a focus on Computer Vision/Medical Image Analysis using Deep Learning
• Demonstrated ability to write Python and C++ code for quick demonstration of ideas as well as robust, efficient, scaled-up software systems.
• Hands-on ability to create Deep Neural Network models on machine learning platforms such as TensorFlow/Keras
• Candidate must be willing to travel a minimum of 2 weeks per year.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY or San Ramon, CA.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
• Ph.D in a field related to Computer Vision and Deep Learning is preferred.
• Deep hands-on experience building computer vision systems involving algorithm development in fields such as image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and classification.
• Post-doctoral or industrial experience inventing and developing computer vision or medical image analysis algorithm.
• Multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals and conferences in computer vision, image processing, medical imaging and relevant application fields.
• Contribution to public domain codebases and/or significant github portfolio to demonstrate mastery and impact.
• Experience in writing grant proposals, executing and researching based on grants, including demonstrated successful communication with government agencies
Locations: United States; California, New York; Niskayuna, San Ramon
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.