Pearson Senior Data & Engineering Lead in Pierre, South Dakota
Senior Data & Engineering Lead - ( 2104621 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
Pearson’s Direct To Consumer (DTC) team is looking for a Senior Data & Engineering Lead who will be accountable for defining our top of funnel data strategy and bringing in first, second and third-party data sources that enable the business to generate real-time top-of-funnel insights.
This is a hybrid role combining strategic responsibilities with technical capabilities. You will be querying data sources, building databases and data feeds to our Data Visualization software, whilst also collaborating and influencing business leaders to drive innovation – defining new sources and methodologies we can use to better understand and connect with our audiences.
We need a technical expert with experience in leveraging EDWs, web analytics and data feeds, with an ability to think strategically, obsess about the details and implement with speed – with a primary focus on our direct to consumer division, but the ability to socialize these best practices company-wide.
● Increase our analytics capabilities including first, second and third-party data sources
● Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources for top-of-funnel marketing
● Partner with data scientists and insights team members to build a real-time insights engine.
● Champion innovation through data with senior marketing and analytics leaders in other lines of business
● Develop and automate ETL processes to support all reporting and analytical data needs.
● Monitor data quality, proactively correcting discrepancies ensuring accuracy
● Database feeds, data blends & manipulation - collaborating with cross functional teams to obtain and blend data to create clear insight.
● Lead on data privacy for the Brand Analytics team (working with Legal and local stakeholders) to ensure our policies are up to date with our intended activity
● Leverage our internal employee community data to exist internal teams in employee engagement activity.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Must Have Attributes :
● SQL knowledge - Expert working proficiency.
● Expert with common API frameworks.
● Experience with Google BigQuery (or similar cloud-based Big data tools)
● Experience working with huge amounts of structural data.
● Python knowledge - Limited or professional working proficiency.
● Familiarity with Oracle.
● Familiarity with Search Engine Optimisation
● Familiarity with Agile working methodologies.
● A broad understanding of Data Architecture and Enterprise Data Warehouses
● Ideas driven - You have the capacity to be open to new ideas and comfortable exploring areas where there are no right answers.
● Interpersonal and relationship-building skills – You will bring with you a network of relationships, and a track record of excellent internal stakeholder management at all levels, seen as a trusted advisor to team leadership.
● Global Perspective and Learning Agility – You take a systematic, structured view of situations, while staying focused on the big picture. You have significant experience operating in a global environment and are able to demonstrate cultural agility.
● Deliver Results – You have a track record of achievement, accountability and translating complex strategies into actionable plans.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $100K – $125K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Marketing
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 8, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104621
- Pearson Jobs