General Electric Sr Engineer 2 - Electronic Hardware in Pierre, South Dakota
Engine Control Electronics Leader
• Engine Control Electronics Leader for all Locomotive engine control (ECU) technology at GE Transportation.
• The candidate will be the go-to person for all engine control development and sustainment responsibilities.
• Project leader for all engine control electronics projects. Lead internal and external expert resources to develop ECU technology commensurate with GE’s locomotive global leadership position.
• Manage key technology vision for product reliability, stability and life-cycle robustness.
• Manage product roadmap to minimize obsolescence liability and to ensure best in class product performance and customer value.
• Manage ECU specifications and product life cycle documentation.
• Manage ECU related firmware development and work with internal and external resources to specify and develop Boot loaders, Board Support Packages and all other firmware requirements.
• Manage Field Programmable Gate Array requirements definition and code development. Lead the Firmware/FPGA teams to successful product development outcomes.
• Work with cross functional Controls, Software and Packaging teams to define product requirements and facilitate ECU locomotive integration and environmental robustness
• Manage ECU development testing and validation, production test requirements and all field test operations
• Work with Sourcing team to specify ECU manufacturing processes, manage drawing development and drawing systems, manage Bill Of Materials and support ECU electronic product life cycle needs.
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with electronics design and development.
• Experience with managing printed circuit design involving signal integrity methods, integrated circuit thermal management, rugged construction, mechanical integration, and design for electromagnetic compliance.
• Microprocessors and peripheral design experience. Peripheral interfacing methods, reset management and integrity monitoring.
• Experience managing power system design and monitoring, sequencing and control, buck, boost, forward and LDO topologies, applications, control and associated system integration.
• Familiarity with communication technology including Ethernet, USB, RS422, RS232, LVDT, I2C, SPI based communication protocols and associated firmware device drivers.
• Experience with analog design including sensor interface, A/D and D/A conversion methods, Nyquist requirements, anti-aliasing and anti-imaging filters and theory.
• Electronic system design experience for robust environmental performance, electromagnetic compliance, and mechanical packaging experience for vibration and thermal robustness.
• Field Programmable Gate Array experience, digital signal processing methods, the application of cores, quality systems for code development and experience with verification and validation of FPGA code and documentation.
• Minimum of 15 Years of hands-on electronics design experience involving sophisticated, rugged electronic controls.
• Minimum of 5 years of electronics project management/leadership experience involving large scale electronic controls.
• Electronics product and technology vision involving controls and engine controls in particular will be considered a big plus.
• Team formation experience and leadership, product inception, communication and selling the vision to upper management.
• Excellent writing and communication skills involving specification development, team communications, communications with management and cross-functional team management
• Excellent team leadership and project management skills. Team building, management of internal and external expert resources.
• Experience managing external electronic components suppliers. Unit level requirements specifications, vendor project management, problem identification and resolution, and project timeline and milestone management.
• Experience with board level and system level test requirements. Test plan development, test plan optimization, validation plans, manufacturing tests, environmental qualification testing and field test preparation and management experience.
• Class D switching amplifiers, common mode and differential filtering, and Class D digital control involving FPGA’s, CPLD and microprocessor implementation.Require excellent program management skills, hiring, team building, team skill management, job description, gap identification and project budget and schedule management.
• Require excellent program management skills, hiring, team building, team skill management, job description, gap identification and project budget and schedule management.
• Firmware leadership experience involving the development of board support packages, device drivers, boot loaders, communication drivers, embedded real time control methodology.
At GE Transportation at http://www.getransportation.com/ , we move the world. We
are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling
industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using
our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a
century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of
transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that
keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania, Texas; Fort Worth, Erie
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.