Cabela's General Manager in Rapid City, South Dakota
Responsible for the day to day management of store operations and merchandising to ensure financial efficiency, inventory control, customer service, proper merchandise presentation, Associate morale and other duties as assigned.
1) Directly supervises the Assistant Store Manager, Human Resources Manager, Loss Prevention Manager and Promotions Manager, and indirectly all other Managers in the Store.
2) Opens and Closes the Store.
3) Ensures the Store is staffed with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, participates in “New Hire” orientation, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, approves weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
4) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
5) Meets or exceeds all financial plans as set by the Company.
6) Controls Company assets and financial efficiency by auditing reports, journals, physical inventory and procedures to ensure system integrity; monitor and control cash management; controls Stores Operating account.
7) Maintains all Merchandising directives sent from the Corporate Office
8) Maintains all Marketing & Advertising strategies in the Store
9) Executes all Sales / Payroll plans as directed by the Company
10) Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment and facility for all associates and customers
11) Resolves customer and associate issues
12) Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
13) Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
identifying and evaluating customers' needs
making product recommendations based off of this analysis
promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 5+ years in high volume, “big box” Retail Management, with multi-store experience desired.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to large groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops at http://www.basspro.com/ is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s at http://www.cabelas.com/ to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group at http://www.whiterivermg.com/ , offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge at http://www.bigcedar.com/ , America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”