Builders FirstSource Safety Coordinator in Rapid City, South Dakota
Rapid City SD Lumber - 666 Howard St (57701), 666 Howard St, Rapid City, South Dakota, United States of AmericaReq #17373
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Responsible for the coordination and management of safety programs requiring application of compliance principles and analysis to reduce occupational hazards and improve Fleet Safety at a single location by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and supports a site specific Safety Management Plan (SMP) using guidelines provided by the Group Safety Department. Responsibilities include ongoing development of the SMP, monthly audits of SMP, and communication of SMP score to Group Safety Department and facility management.
• Ensures supervisors and other management perform thorough and complete accident investigations and report the findings to all concerned parties within the timeframes allotted. Develops and assigns corrective action plans to help avoid future accidents.
• Works with Human Resources to develop and administer appropriate corrective action when safety policies and procedures are violated.
• Coordinates safety initiatives such as management commitment and employee involvement, recordkeeping and document control, hazard identification and control, incident investigation and medical management, and education and training. These activities might also include safety inspections and audits, development and fostering of safety teams, coordinating safety training and the maintenance of training records, and the development of emergency plans.
• Assembles and issues required Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) records.
• Works to address and resolve health and environmental issues and ensures programs are in accordance with governmental regulations in addition to Builders FirstSource company policy.
• Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, radiation, smoke, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, mists, gases, solvents, lighting, and ergonomics which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
• Compiles and provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining material safety data sheets.
• Oversees the application, monitoring and reporting related to the company’s fleet management programs, working with supervisory personnel and with the fleet management office to implement safety programs.
• Facilitates training for workers on issues related to health, environmental compliance and safety.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
• Two to three years related experience and/or training preferred, but not required.
• Experience dealing with safety management procedures and policies may be substituted for formal education.
• Working knowledge of safety codes, OSHA, EPA, hazardous materials, emergency preparedness and fleet safety.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; asks questions and works closely with management to foster the development and implementation of the company safety management plan.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company safety guidelines and directives, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills - Should have the ability to work with Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Rapid City SD Lumber - 666 Howard St (57701), 666 Howard St, Rapid City, South Dakota, United States of America
- Builders FirstSource Jobs