Great Western Bank Accountant III in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
• Support the Accounting Manager in directing reconciliation of Great Western Bank’s general ledger accounts.
• Lead and direct the work of others through business as usual activities as well as new project and conversion activities.
• Review general ledger and bank controlled account changes and additions to make sure reconciliation is carried out in order to minimize risk.
• Consistently look for ways to improve processes based on input delivery and technological platforms for improved efficiencies while upholding the highest integrity and accuracy. Automation methods will be critical for leveraging through a changing and growing business.
• Develop and administer reconciliation system application, including the development and implementation of reconciliation policies and procedures for every account.
• Collect and review all reconciliations on a regular basis and proactively escalates material and aging items for proper handling.
• Serve as a liaison with operational and retail areas to foster great internal customer service in a timely manner.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• 2 - 4 years accounting experience required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, highly skilled in Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information.
• Proven analytical and accuracy skills. Requires attention to detail.
• Must be a self starter.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs