MetaBank Advisor Business Controls Administration (EFT) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Advisor, Business Controls Administration is positioned in the first line of defense as a trusted advisor for leadership in managing the overall effectiveness of risk and controls. The position is responsible for providing risk and control consultation on new, existing and/or changed processes. Provides ongoing monitoring and training including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, highlighting potential control failures and facilitating risk and compliance remediation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understands and facilitates alignment among policies, program standards, work procedure sand external guidelines. Identifies any gaps and drives corrective action.
- Identifies, implements and monitors operational and strategic risks along with associated Key Risk Indicators.
- Identifies and implements controls and procedures to mitigate risks supporting operational and strategic risk management efforts.
- Assumes liaison role for all internal/external audits and communicates directly with internal/external auditors.
- Translates control deficiencies into action plans. Contributes to the enhancement of governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement through root cause analysis that will strengthen the overall control environment.
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's).
- Partners with business units to assess the impact of failed controls and builds appropriate remediation plans.
- Responsible to escalate issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders, including senior management.
- Remains current on regulatory policy, program standards and work procedures ensuring proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Applies subject matter expertise across Meta departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to create processes and work procedures.
- Ability to lead a project and communicate results as well as carry out new policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and high quality results with strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Department: 650-Business Controls Admin
Location: Sioux Falls, SD