Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Buyer II in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-0201
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
The Buyer II will be responsible to quote, negotiate, and purchase materials for the efficient operation of the division.
• Obtain materials quotes from suppliers and analyze for competitiveness.
• Negotiate pricing, payment terms, and freight terms.
• Purchase materials, supplies, tools, services, etc.
• Schedule delivery of materials to meet production schedule requirements.
• Perform repeat orders.
• Keep informed of markets and material pricing trends that effect the division.
• Assist with the supplier selection process. Investigate to determine reliability and ability as a supplier.
• Maintain document filing system.
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies.
• Develop, investigate, select, and maintain suppliers.
• Monitor supplier performance.
• Lead supplier business reviews.
• Manage supplier agreements and methods.
• Negotiate and assist with major purchasing contracts.
• Maintain specific knowledge on commodities, and complex supplier relationships.
• Collaborate with other departments or divisions on purchasing matters and technical data.
• Conduct negotiations with vendors on rejections, dispositions, or adjustments of purchased materials.
• Manage standard price list for commodity quotes.
• Work with suppliers on unique requirements such as special documentation or certification.
• Depending on division, may assist with annual budgeting process.
• Participate in department improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field.
• Minimum 5 years purchasing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current C.P.I.M. certification, or obtain within a reasonable timeframe as defined by department manager.
• Considerable knowledge of purchasing procedures.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with a computer.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.