Aerotek CNC Machinist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
• Operate a variety of CNC machines within a department.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area.
• Adjusts tools and replaces as necessary.
• Perform daily maintenance of machines as required and keep supervisor informed of necessary maintenance beyond operator assigned.
• Must read and understand layouts, job packets and blueprints for the parts being run (includes Geometric Tolerancing).
• Provide accurate inventory counts.
• Collect and input SPC data, which may involve use of comparator, CMM, Trimos, gages and related test instruments.
• Perform necessary side operations during machine cycle time as required (i.e. deburring).
• Work as a team member to aid all shifts and support personnel to operate to departmental standards including quality goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
Cnc, Blueprint, Lathe, Cnc lathe, Cnc machine, Calipers, Micrometre, Cnc mill
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School diploma, or equivalent.
• Have completed at least a 2-year qualified machining program or have at least 4 years of equivalent prior machining experience.
• Ability to read and understand CNC programs and operational layouts as required.
• Ability to perform a sequence of operations under minimum supervision and consistently maintain the performance levels set for quality and quantity.
• Understanding of safety rules and regulations to prevent unsafe set-ups, operations, or acts which might cause injury to self, others, or environment.
• Completion of approved CNC Programming Course.
• Trade school training on CNC machines.
• Experience in operation of 5 axis machines.
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing certificate.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs