Great Western Bank Credit Team Lead in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
Provide leadership, training and guidance to credit analyst team members within assigned region and support the maintenance of strong asset quality within region. Manage work flow within the Region to meet market, turnaround and credit administration objectives. Review credit displays completed by team member to ensure quality and accuracy. Conduct credit investigations and analyze credit information pertaining to business and agriculture loans. Incumbent will also help coordinate training needs for lending staff in the Region / Department, and will work with line staff to prepare for all regulatory and internal examinations.
• Direct and coordinate work flow and analysis for regional credit team.
• Analyze and interpret financial statements including proforma and projections using trend analysis, ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and industry averages, as well as macro/industry trends review. This could include working with the loan officer and/or the potential/present customer when necessary to obtain the needed data.
• Review credits for document deficiencies and perfection while reviewing the financial condition of the firm. This includes making recommendations as to what documentation is required for potential loans.
• Provide a written review of the details uncovered while analyzing the financial statements. This includes providing recommendations and concerns regarding the prospective/present customers.
• Maintain high credit quality throughout Great Western Bank; coach, develop and manage performance of staff at all locations to ensure a consistent credit culture.
• Complete loan review of existing credits working closely with the respective loan officer to gain a comprehensive view of the customer, including on-site collateral inspections.
• Participate, support and lead in other risk initiatives in the region and throughout GWB as needed.
• Generate monthly and annual reports on the loan portfolio as requested.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred.
• 5-8 years credit analysis, Agri/commercial banking or accounting experience.
• Credit analysis, real estate banking or accounting experience preferred.
• 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
• Must be detail oriented with strong math skills and customer service skills.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications.
• Strong PC skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint applications).
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs