Great Western Bank Electronic Payment Specialist I (Wires) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
This position requires completing the various day–to–day functions within the Electronic Payments Operations department. Essential functions for the position are listed below:
• Prepare, analyze, and accurately process wire requests while following bank and regulatory guidelines and procedures.
• Exercise discretion, strong interpersonal skills and independent judgment with respect to assigned job functions.
• Understand how multiple software platforms work together, troubleshoot system problems and solve technical issues.
• Communicate with bank personnel and/or customers by phone to guide them through a series of actions to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with little or no supervision.
• Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines for quality resolution of service requests
• Process and maintain documentation according to applicable regulations/rules and comply with audit standards
• Participate in meetings and training seminars as required to stay current on laws or regulation changes
• Demonstrate complete understanding of all systems in order to complete testing for system updates, conversions and as needed for projects.
• Able to identify customer service issues, system issues and possible high risk payments that should be escalated to management for oversight. Be part of the solution.
• Demonstrate teamwork for the benefit of your department and GWB as a whole.
• Meet or exceed department standards for production and quality of work.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1+ year banking experience or experience with banking systems preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge with the ability to assist customers in troubleshooting hardware/software issues.
• Accurate data entry/transaction processing.
• Adequate written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
• High level of professionalism with internal and external customers
• Flexibility to adapt and work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs