Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Marketing Manager in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
Protecting our natural resources
Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
Raven Corporate Services has an exciting opportunity within our recently expanded Marketing Team. As the Marketing Manager, you will provide leadership for all functions of the marketing process.
• Responsible for the development, creation, approval, and execution of web content and marketing collateral.
• Organize and/or participate in marketing events such as trade shows or conferences. Maintain show/conference schedules.
• Manage relationships with external groups such as advertising agencies and printers to achieve marketing objectives.
• Participate in sales or product development activities.
• Develop marketing tools, such as mailings and surveys, used by sales and support teams.
• Manage divisional press releases.
• Coordinate media schedules, negotiation, and placements.
• Lead or contribute to marketing projects.
• Responsible for market research and intelligence.
• Keep internal teams informed of competitive information gained regarding pricing, products, or general issues in the market.
• Prepare various documents and reports as needed.
• Keep informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in the marketing profession.
• Assure staffing requirements are met.
• Encourage team member growth and development.
• Administer annual team member performance reviews, goal setting, and participate in salary planning. • Maintain records on direct reports in relation to attendance and performance.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions and encourages their teams to do the same.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Minimum 5 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Extensive knowledge of marketing and product development concepts.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Capability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to succeed.
• High level of patience and service.
• Ability to motivate team members.
• Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
• Capacity to be flexible and multitask.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel up to 10% of time.
• Annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check required. Refer to Raven Vehicle Operations Policy CS-13 for guidelines.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.