Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Master Machine Technician in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Master Machine Technician
COMPANY: Raven Engineered Films Division
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
REQ ID: 28124
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
The Master Machine Technician will set up, monitor, and repair machines in the production area to ensure efficient operation of the division.
• Performs troubleshooting and repair on machines.
• Designs or modifies equipment, jigs, fixtures, and tooling.
• Performs preventative maintenance on machines, and maintains records.
• Assist with installation of new machines and equipment.
• Maintains appropriate documentation on machines and equipment.
• Order parts through internal procedures, or external sources.
• May operate machines as needed.
• Depending on division, may be responsible for chemical recycling for production operations.
• May train team members on operation of machines.
• May perform minor welding.
• Participate in production improvement initiatives.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Diagnose and repair electronic controls.
• Perform troubleshooting to look for areas of opportunity, as well as production issues.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Leads projects from start to finish with limited guidance.
• Displays high level of contributions and impact to the team and projects.
• Innovative in nature, and contributes to ideas.
• Displays outstanding contribution and impact to the team and projects.
• Has critical project technical leadership responsibility; may plan or delegate work assignments to technicians.
• May oversee cost of maintaining and purchasing parts and equipment.
• Make recommendations on equipment purchases and repair.
• Assist with the design of equipment for optimal production, safety, and quality.
• Work with other technicians to assure their skills are kept current.
- For positions involving new machines and equipment:
• Coordinate and oversee tasks of contractors.
• Fabricate and assemble machine components.
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in field related to specific position is required.
• 8+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read schematics and interpret equipment manuals.
• Strong electrical and/or mechanical skills.
• Ability to use various hand tools and test equipment.
• Proficiency with a computer. Knowledge of AutoCAD is helpful.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Welding knowledge is beneficial.
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical systems.
• Initiative to bring resolution to a problem without being promoted.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Ability to lead other Technicians.
• Exercises independent judgment with broadly defined practices and policies in obtaining results.
• Advanced planning and organizing abilities.
• Ability to lead teams and delegate tasks.
• Displays and pursues the desire to learn more about the profession.
- For positions involving new machines or equipment:
• Basic understanding of construction and rigging techniques.
• Experience with welding, metal saws, drill presses, mills, and lathes.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.