Graybar Material Handler in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a Fortune 500 company with $6 billion in annual revenues and is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking, and security products and solutions. We help our customers power, network and secure their facilities with speed, intelligence and efficiency. We have the power and stability of a big company coupled with the integrity and drive of a neighborhood business. Graybar is a vital link in America's supply chain and we have served our customers for over 145 years!
Purpose The Material Handler in Sioux Falls, SD will receive, store, select, pack and distribute warehouse inventory. Our Material Handlers are a great entry level position for someone who is looking for a rewarding career in the Wholesale Distribution Industry!
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Maintain the warehouse in an orderly and clean state; follow all Company safety procedures; perform daily safety inspections.
- Unload delivery vehicles, accurately identifying material, breaking down material, and noting discrepancies per SAP processes with supervision.
- Accurately store product to the proper location per the SAP process; the use of light equipment may be required.
- Select and pack customer orders per the SAP process with supervision; ensure conformance to customer standards and expectations.
- May perform Delivery Driver duties as needed; operate a light van or delivery vehicle to deliver customer orders; ensure that customers orders are delivered to meet customer expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements Minimum Job Requirements
- No experience required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and safety instructions.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
- Ability to meet driving requirements indicated on Delivery Driver job description is required whenever the individual is assigned to operate a Company-required vehicle and/or whenever circumstances require that material handlers at the applicable location have the ability to operate a Company vehicle to cover emergencies, absences, or other business needs.
Preferred Job Requirements High school diploma or GED preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Knowledge
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Reading skills
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to be work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under close supervision
- Ability to successfully complete all Company training designed to comply with regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform physical requirements
Warehouse environment. May be some exposure to dust, heat or cold, and other seasonal changes.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Material Handler
Location: South Dakota-Sioux Falls