Alamo Group Inc. Mechanical Assembler in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Fast paced, highly variable mechanical assembly of hydraulic mowing equipment onto Tractors and Trucks. Candidate will work independently, but be part of strong Team of Technicians that work hard to fullfill Customer orders. Assignments will include preparing Tractors for mower installation, assembly of mowing equipment onto tractors, assembly of the mowers, and other mechanical assembly tasks. Material handling tasks may also be completed.
Performs various mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic assembly tasks related to installation of mowers onto tractors and trucks. Assembles parts onto tractors and trucks using blueprints, schematics and operator's manuals. Completes final assembly tasks including installation of decals and safety features (flaps, chains). Operates forklift, hoist, and overhead crane to move and position parts and materials as needed. Performs paint touch-up duties on completed assemblies as needed. Analyze bills of materials and parts manuals for accuracy. Completes correction sheets. Accurately records work order information and inventory transactions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two to four years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Ability to read technical instructions, blue prints, drawings, and operator manuals.Knowledge and ability to mechanically assemble parts. Capable of performing standard measurements.
- Ability to use standard and powered hand tools.
- General familiarity of machine shop equipment for operation purposes.
- Manual dexterity; mechanically inclined and good eye/hand coordination.Ability to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. alone. Standing on concrete, up to 8 hours per day.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled