Great Western Bank Mortgage Underwriter in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
*This position can be filled at any Great Western Bank location
**FHA Certification (DE/CHUMS) required
General Description and Essential Functions
The Mortage Underwriter role performs underwriting functions in the origination of real estate secured consumer transactions. This role provides consistent, accurate, and quality loan decisions in accordance with Great Western Bank and secondary market investor standards in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
• Underwrite Conventional, FHA, RD, VA, Bond, Portfolio, and secondary market Jumbo loans following established company, agency and investor guidelines.
• Assist manager with day to day activities of the underwriting department to ensure quality service levels are met.
• Communicate effectively and engage proactively with loan originators, processors, branch managers, funders and post-closers in regard to loan decisions, assignment of loan conditions, investor guidelines/documentation requirements and possible loan scenarios
• Perform all duties of an Underwriter I and Underwriter II as needed.
• Assist manager with team member coaching, development and training.
• Troubleshoot system issues as they arise.
• Recommend and drive process improvements.
• Assist with audits and projects as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor degree preferred.
• 5 years of recent mortgage underwriting experience required.
• Have all certifications associated with Conventional, FHA, VA, Bond, Jumbo and Streamline products.
• Detail oriented with leadership skills and capabilities.
• Dependable and able to work within specific time constraints.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; possess strong sense of urgency and responsiveness and be held to minimum production standards
• General knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to secondary mortgage lending and internal processes and controls
• Strong working knowledge of Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Requirement
• Ability to work independently.
• Accurate data entry/transaction processing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs