Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions OEM Sales Specialist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
OEM Sales Specialist
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
The OEM Sales Specialist will be responsible for sustaining and growing business. Conduct primary customer interface to maximize sales revenues.
• Serve as a liaison between internal teams and customer teams in regards to product design, development, and function. Ensure that appropriate direction and focus is provided to customer.
• Identify new product and product enhancement opportunities.
• Responsible for new business development activities in an in assigned territory, account, or market.
• Develop and execute strategies designed to grow sales.
• Develop project and product specifications. Ensure project and product performance meets customer standards and requirements.
• Keep Raven informed of competitive and market trends.
• Stay current on relevant technology trends.
• Participate in industry events such as trade shows, conferences, and other travel as required.
• Prepare various documents and reports as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
• 3+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Technical aptitude in area of support – i.e. electrical, mechanical, agriculture, etc.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships that establish trust and create value.
• Sharp perception of verbal and non-verbal communication skills, providing enhancement of sales abilities.
• Ability to communicate in clear and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to learn product line, production capabilities, related markets as well as a diverse range of future opportunities.
• Sharp professional presentation skills.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Ability to travel up to 35% of time, depending on position. Ability to obtain a Passport or Visa.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.