SMG Operations Supervisor in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for an Operations Supervisor. This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of employees engaged in the Operations Department by performing the following duties:
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and upkeep of buildings, including dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows, as well as clean-up during and after events.
- Ensures that all job assignments are completed during events or shifts.
- Sets-up venues, as written orders and equipment requirements direct.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
- Submits maintenance request orders for repairs and damages.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Keeps equipment in good working order while following safety procedures.
- Ensures proper use of all chemicals by Operations staff in accordance with MSDS.
- Enforces employee dress code and grooming standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised as needed.
- Assist with snow removal as needed.
Manages all employees in the Operations Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1-2 years of custodial or operational experience required
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 -- 3 years Supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
Good organization skills
Good oral, written and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with little supervision
Requires flexible schedule to include weekdays, nights, weekends and some holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of computers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver's license and will be subject to pass an acceptable background check.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings and may be subjected to adverse conditions.
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center
1201 N. West Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled