Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Operator I - Large Machines (Days) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Operator I - Large Machines (Days)
Raven Engineered Films Division
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
The Operator I - Large Machines operates various types of large machines in a production environment in order to produce products. Types of machines are (but not limited to) extrusion, laminator, tarp machine, winder, seal cart, etc.
• Load and unload material throughout production run.
• Package material for shipment by cutting, wrapping, palletizing, banding, labeling, etc.
• Monitor material and machine conditions.
• Maintain a safe and clean work area by completing general housekeeping tasks.
• Learn how to set up and operate large machines.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions and encourages their teams to do the same.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous machine operation experience preferred, but not required.
• Aptitude to learn mechanical skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Ability to read blueprints and work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
• Proficient with a computer.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Good eye/hand coordination. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate forklift, pallet mover, or hoist equipment. Forklift certification may be required.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.