Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Operator I - Small Machines in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Operator I - Small Machines
COMPANY: Raven Industries
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-0201
REQ ID: 28782
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Operate various types of small machines in a production environment in order to produce a part or product. Types of machines are (but not limited to) surface mount, cutting tables, wire cut machines, etc.
• Set up and operate machines to produce a part or product. Maintains quality parameters on machines.
• Verify machine is set up to requirements to assure production of a quality product.
• May perform preventative and minor maintenance on equipment.
• Read and verify for accuracy blueprints, work processes, assembly instructions, or cut and spread sheets according to specifications.
• Inspect part or product for compliance to standards during various stages of production.
• May perform tests on products. Initiate standard repairs as needed.
• Trains new machine operators.
• Packaging function may be required, depending on division.
• May maintain records of material used.
• Participate in production improvement initiatives.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous machine operation experience preferred, but not required.
• Aptitude to learn technical skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Proficient with a computer.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Ability to read blueprints and work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Good eye/hand coordination. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.