Great Western Bank Portfolio Manager in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
The Portfolio Manager is accountable for analysis of complex commercial credit and assisting senior business bankers in credit display preparations. Interface with the client to formalize documentation for loan transactions and present solutions. Conduct credit investigations and analyze credit information pertaining to business and agriculture loans. Provide expertise on less complex transactions within market(s) supported. Balancing risk management goals with the growth and profitability objectives of the groups supported.
• Assist loan officers in preparation of credit displays – including writing initial parts of display, pulling the credit bureau reports, checking filings at Secretary of State for UCC or lien filings.
• Once credit display has been completed, move it through the approval process, being sure it goes to the correct level of approver, or for an overview if necessary
• Order & review necessary title work for the loan request, flood certifications
• Order loan documentation, assist with closings, send loan documents to booking and check back to ensure they are booked correctly, file necessary collateral documents with the proper entities, post-closing documentation follow up.
• Report completion and monitoring on a regular basis, including new loan reports, collateral monitoring, watch list reports, Top 25 Reports.
• Work with clients regarding their loans, accounts, online banking, issues with any of our services, payments, loan advances, transfers, etc.
• Joint calls on customers and prospects with loan officers to maintain existing, and develop new business opportunities.
• Identify customer and prospect needs and present recommendations or referrals to officers.
• Understand GWB Loan Policy and serve as a resource for officers on compliance issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance (or related field) or relevant experience.
• 5+ years of credit analysis or related banking experience with a diverse portfolio of commercial and / or agricultural banking clients.
• A strong client focus capable of balancing credit quality standards with client relations.
• Proven excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Clearly communicate information and ideas through a variety of channels in a manner that engages and impacts the audience.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs