Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Production Supervisor I (Nights) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Production Supervisor I (Nights)
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Aerostar is a world leader in lighter-than-air, stratospheric, and situational awareness technology. Committed to rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology, we design and manufacture niche products that enhance security and connect the world. We are working on a number of exciting projects — and looking for extraordinary talent to join our team.
Direct, supervise, and coordinate production systems and personnel to ensure the highest quality products. Contributes to a positive, team-oriented atmosphere and encourages good work habits.
• Provides frontline leadership and support to production.
• Understands and is capable of performing production function, and spends more than half of the shift performing production.
• Either directly or through production leadership team, ensure flow of work and job rotation in production.
• Responsible to assure team members receive training needed for their position. Depending on division, may perform training.
• Works with production leadership team to ensure team members have a strong understanding of their job responsibilities.
• Coordinate efforts to ensure proper safety and ergonomics standards and guidelines are met in work area.
• May lead or contribute to production improvement initiatives.
• Either directly or through team, assure staffing requirements are met.
• Encourage team member growth and development.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions and encourages their teams to do the same.
• Administer annual team member performance reviews, goal setting, and participate in salary planning process.
• Maintain records on direct reports in relation to attendance and performance.
• Maintain applicable records, including production metrics.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous leadership experience preferred.
• Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to succeed.
• High level of patience and service. Ability to motivate team members.
• Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to read blueprints and maintain accurate records. Proficient with a computer.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
We are a manufacturer covered by ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and all team members must be a United States Person.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.