Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Sales Specialist II in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sales Specialist II
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Applied Technology is currently seeking a Sales Specialist II to identify and capture sales of existing and new business. In this position, you will secure new clients; establish and expand new channels to market; and manage existing customer relationships. The position will be based in the Dakotas, Fargo preferred but Sioux Falls, Aberdeen or central/northern Minnesota as well.
• Responsible for growing business in an in assigned market/territory or account.
• Present the company’s product line to existing and prospective accounts to solicit sales.
• Assist with distribution planning and expansion.
• Identify new product and product enhancement opportunities.
• Assist with sales forecasting, planning, and goals.
• Prepare price quotes, terms, delivery, etc. within guidelines.
• Negotiate warranty and credit returns.
• Generate demand by targeting groups to identify Raven as a supplier.
• Provide and/or coordinate training for accounts on products.
• Keep Raven informed of competitive and market trends.
• Utilize and maintain a CRM tool.
• Stay current on relevant technology trends.
• Assist with credit resolution.
• Plan, organize, and/or work trade shows as needed.
• Prepare various documents and reports as needed.
• Assumes direction for account, to manage and make decisions on account within the established guidelines for the division.
• Focus on new business development and alternative markets.
• Responsible for larger/key accounts, or specialized/target markets.
• Negotiate contracts, and potentially draft proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• 7+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships that establish trust and create value.
• Sharp perception of verbal and non-verbal communication skills, providing enhancement of sales abilities.
• Contributes to the team in an above average manner.
• Capable of handling larger/key accounts, or specialized/target markets.
• Has knowledge of the business side, and contributes to strategic decisions.
• Ability to communicate in clear and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to learn product line, production capabilities, related markets as well as a diverse range of future opportunities.
• High level of competitiveness.
• Negotiation skills.
• Sharp professional presentation skills.
• Ability to consider the client, competitors, and Raven to evaluate opportunities.
• Ability to create value propositions to address the client’s needs, both known and unknown.
• Possess the ability to see and work steps ahead of the competition.
• Strategic, agile, articulate and fast-thinking.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Ability to travel 75%.
• Annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check required.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.