Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Raven Engineered Films Division
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-0243
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will develop and implement new or improved methods, tooling, and machine designs to resolve engineering challenges involved in the manufacturing process. Create and maintain a culture of problem-solvers through the use of Lean principles.
• Represent manufacturing through new product introductions.
• Facilitate or assist with production part approval process (PPAP).
• Evaluate, review, and design systems/processes to increase production capabilities to improve quality, efficiency, ergonomics, and safety.
• Mentor and/or lead continuous improvement projects through the use of Lean principles.
• Conduct engineering studies with the manufacturing team to determine root cause and corrective actions to quality issues.
• Prepare and deploy improvements in tool or equipment design. Assist with the capital procurement process.
• Design flow lines or floor layouts to promote efficiency through use of tools such as Lean Principles.
• Perform or direct major repair or installation of production equipment.
• Train team members on proper utilization of production tools, procedures, and equipment.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• Depending on division, will establish piece rates by utilizing standard data and time/motion studies.
• May evaluate actual costs and determine causes for overruns in time and materials.
• Has broad knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
• Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity.
• Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related to activities and projects.
• Performs moderate technical work that requires experience.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions.
• Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience, with Bachelor's degree. 3+ years experience with Master's degree. PHD entry level. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education and/or seeking mentorship.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Understanding of Lean Principles and manufacturing processes are preferred.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• Innovative in nature and open to new ideas.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.