Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Senior Software Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Senior Software Engineer
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Applied Technology is seekign a Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed.
· C++ Software Development – Develop and contribute to a team based software project by developing and deploying efficient c++ software solutions.
· Development planning and execution – work with the design team to prioritize and complete work on a predictable cadence and ensure quality and stability of the platform is maintained.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Similar with 3+ years of experience
· Individually Accountable for Results
· Highly motivated and self directed; self learner
Model collaboration and commitment
· Focuses on team success before individual success
· Strong collaborator capable of managing remote relationships effectively
Accountability for Results
· Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results
· Tactfully assertive, comes to the discussion with a point of view
Foster change and innovation
· Seeks solutions that improve process effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
· Actively works to develop processes where processes are lacking
Create value for customers
· Anticipates and responds to changes in financial trends
· Intellectual curiosity drives pro-active preparation and action planning
Demonstrate business acumen and business agility
· Demonstrates functional/technical proficiency in finance and accounting
· Exhibits the ability to work professionally and effectively in ambiguous situations
· Trained in the use of Qt frameworks and Qt Creator for development and debugging
· Experience with ISO 11783, J1939 and Controller Area Networks (CAN)
· Experience with Linux Embedded Devices
· Experience with network communications and connectivity
· Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
· Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques
· Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
· Travel as needed.
· Ability to be flexible and multitask.
· High level of patience and service.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.