U.S. Bank Sr. Cloud Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Elavon (a USBank company) is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to assist the organization in building and launching an all-new AWS environment for use in new initiatives. As a member of the ATC team, you will be on the ground floor on a new AWS implementation for the company, with the opportunity to utilize your expertise to become a Cloud SME for Elavon. If you are a technologist who enjoys working on new technologies in a challenging, fast-paced environment, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
• Work closely within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware
• Maintain and transform traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring.
• Design of cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS using industry best practices
• Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
• Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tooling and processes.
• Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
• Assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
• Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
• Assist developments teams with designing new applications with a “cloud-native” approach to application architecture.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 2 years experience with utilizing, configuring, and installing software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms.
-At least 4 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
• Technical experience in building infrastructure and applications for elasticity, resiliency,
and recoverability (Site Reliability Experience)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline and/ or equivalent related development experience in lieu of degree
• 7 years of experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
• 2 years of experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (AWS strongly preferred)
• Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
• 2 years of experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, including the use of Git to automate workflow of code from development to production.
Tooling We Use :
• Bash, Python, or Ruby scripting
• Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) Stack
• Puppet Enterprise (Chef, Ansible, or Salt experience OK)
• Terraform (Experience with Terraform -strongly- preferred)
• CI/CD Pipeline: Jenkins, Bitbucket (Any git provider OK), Artifactory
• Anything that improves our ability to automate tasks
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180044316
Other Locations: United States, Tennessee-TN-Knoxville
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.