SMG Stagehand in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Stagehand
Reports To: Union Steward / Dir. Of Operations
FLSA Status: Part Time Non-exempt
At the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center, Sioux Falls Arena, Convention Center and Orpheum Theater this position will perform a multitude of tasks including work inside and outside the facility which may include being subjected to adverse weather conditions and loud noise levels during events. This position may be seasonal and is event based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events including but not limited to setup and tear down of all event/team set ups as well as numerous adhoc assignments as required by the event
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Assisting in the assembly and disassembly of show productions
- Construct set pieces, risers, stages, musical equipment, etc.
- Spotlight operation during shows for qualified personnel
- Assist with video, sound and light production before, during and after shows
- Move furniture, road cases, miscellaneous equipment
- Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables and other furnishings and equipment.
- Performs routine facility maintenance as related to backstage areas
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, days, evenings and holidays;
- Able to stand for long periods; able to walk up and down steep stairs.
Occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds or more
- Knowledge of video, sound, lighting and technical theater experience helpful
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Must be 18 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled