Sanford Health Summer Intern - HR - Enabling Technologies in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Summer Intern | HR - Enabling Technologies | Sioux Falls
City: Sioux Falls
Department : HR Operations - Enabling Technologies
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools.;Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics.;Collaborates with departmental associates and management.;Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities.;Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization.;Demonstrates the ability to respond to change.;Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities.;Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention.;Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds.;Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly.;
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast past, dynamic area in Sanford. This is an opportunity to work in the HR Enabling Technologies (HRIS) area of Human Resources to assist the HR team in testing and documenting the test results of the new Workday implementation system. This is a great opportunity to experience and be involved with implementing a new HR system.
• The primary focus will be on assisting with Workday testing. This includes hands-on processing transactions, exploring and trying out various transaction scenarios, documenting results and providing feedback on what works and doesn’t work.
• Documents and provides feedback and works with HR team to identify gaps resulting from the testing. Will participate in the troubleshooting process to resolve issues.
• The mentors will be providing training and guidance around using the Workday system and opportunity to work with other areas within HRIS and exposure to other HR functions.
• The intern will be working closely with the mentors to learn the functionality that will be tested and what the expected outcomes will be. Then, walking through various test scenarios to identify gaps or issues around the routing and outcomes from those tests. Also experience other areas of HRIS to support HR in their use of HR technology.
• The intern may help out without with other HRIS functions that may come up, such as SharePoint maintenance, QA data reviews, HR ticketing system, etc.
• Knowledge of HR and/or HR systems preferred
• Experience with business technology systems preferred
• Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Information Technology, Business or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors.
Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care,
leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research,
education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition
here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families
and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
City: Sioux Falls
Job Function: Student Services
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: WD01860
- Sanford Health Jobs