Great Western Bank Teller Supervisor in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
The Teller Supervisor is responsible for the daily teller operations for the branch. Including the coaching and sales development of the branch teller team. Administers business development goals and objectives, staffing models, schedules and performance standards. Oversees and observes tellers performing transactions and assists with more complex situations. Promotes quality service, through effective use of the customer constitution. Actively looks for additional opportunities to refer and cross-sell bank services.
• Assist customers with deposits, withdrawals, payments and coin and cash orders in a friendly courteous manner.
• Identify fraudulent activity to help prevent potential losses to Great Western Bank.
• Make decisions on operational procedures and other factors relating to branch operations.
• Schedule tellers’ work schedule to maintain adequate coverage and maximum productivity.
• Lead referral activities for the branch. Participate in activities focused on increasing deposits, fee income, loans and customer service levels. Counsel staff to ensure goal achievement.
• Keep controllable expenses (Overtime, Employee Relations, Travel, Bus. Development, Losses) within budget.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, evaluating and rewarding assigned staff. Ensure adherence to ongoing training requirements.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
• Coach teller staff toward meeting goals on a weekly basis.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
• High School Diploma required.
• Minimum of three years teller experience.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Basic math skills and strong customer service skills.
• Effective selling and cross-selling skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Balance teller drawer daily according to teller performance standards.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 20 to 50 pounds.
• Participate in community organizations and activities.
• Develop Direct Reports
• Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.