SMG Ticket Seller in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
POSITION: Ticket Seller
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
FLSA STATUS: Part-time (Non-Exempt)
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes changes accurately.
- Maintains accurate count of tickets sold.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
- Distributes tickets according to Will Call procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to count money, make change accurately
Ability to listen and follow instructions
Ability to input data into a computer to record sales transactions
Good communications skills. Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Able to read and interpret written information
Good problem solving skills and organizational ability
Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
Good customer service skills and sense of public relations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some knowledge of computers. Experience in computerized ticket systems preferred.
Ability to work the ticket window with minimal supervision
Ability to work flexible hours including evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
Must be able to speak, read, and write English
Must have professional attitude and appearance
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle and count coins and currency. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled