US Foods Warehouse Selector, Night in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
At US Foods® we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a Warehouse Selector, you will work in a labor-intensive material handling position requiring you to manually select customer products, palletize them and deliver them safely to the dock.
To watch a realistic preview of the US Foods' Selector job please click here . You will be redirected to the US Foods' Career page.
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we work to exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods®, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join our team, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career
Main Ingredients of the Job
- SHIFT:Start times vary by location, but generally middle to late afternoon or early evening start. Finish time will be when all of the orders are pulled for the evening.
- ENVIRONMENT: Tolerate temperatures ranging from -5 degrees to over 100 degrees.
- PHYSICAL: Frequently lift/carry up to 20 - 80 lbs. or more throughout an 8 or more hour shift.
- EQUIPMENT: Safely operate electric pallet jacks including performing safety checks.
Meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy while working in a safe manner.
- Meet attendance standards
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
What You Bring to the Table
- Recent experience in a highly physical, labor intensive occupation (construction, farm worker, roofing, freight handler, trash collection, etc.) preferred.
- Previous experience selecting orders in a warehouse and operating motorized material handling equipment, pallet jack preferred.
- Previous experience using voice directed software for selecting orders preferred.
Click to learn more about the role andapply today or visit our career page to learn more about working at US Foods.
MOS CODE: Unit Supply Specialist, Individual Material Readiness , Basic Supply Admin and Ops , Supply Chain and Material Mgmt Specialist Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Sioux Falls-SD
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Night Job
Job Function: Shipping
Job Level: Individual Contributor