Indian Health Service Motor Vehicle Operator in Wakpala, South Dakota
This position is located at the Great Plains Area Youth Regional Treatment Center in Wakpala, South Dakota. As the Motor Vehicle Operator/Custodian, the incumbent will transport residents by Government vehicles as well as perform a variety of custodial cleaning tasks requiring light to heavy physical effort and involving the use of heavy industrial type equipment. Recruitment Incentive may be authorized, will be required to complete a 6 month (Minimum) service agreement.
Learn more about this agency
- Operates government vehicles to transport residents. Follows all safety rules and regulations, follows traffic signs, and drives carefully.
- Performs preventative maintenance services as required for vehicles. Refuels and oils vehicle, changes tires, examines vehicle and equipment prior to and after use to determine malfunctions.
- Uses germicidal detergents to disinfect assigned areas. Scrubs, strips, waxes and polishes floors. Cleans and disinfects resident's rooms, therapy areas, offices, as well as bathrooms, storerooms, employee break room, and other public areas.
- Dusts surfaces, washes walls, windows, ceiling fixtures while using ladders and scaffolds. Vacuums and shampoos carpets using heavy industrial type equipment.
- Moves heavy furniture, supplies and equipment. Collects biohazard material and properly disposes.
- #### Job family (Series)
5703 Motor Vehicle Operating
Motor Vehicle Operators
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- Selectee will be subject to drug test.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates for this position will be evaluated under the Federal Wage System (FWS) Job Grading Standards. Applicants will be rated in the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Each of the job elements must be addressed on the on-line assessment questionnaire in order for the applicant to be rated for the position. Your resume must reflect the answers to your on-line assessment questionnaire.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave is earned.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- This position is covered by Public Law 101-630, the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Protection Act (25 United States Code Chapter 34) requiring contact or control over Indian children. Due to this law, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to certain crimes.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Drug testing is required.
- On-call hours or standby duty may be required.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required and on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against the qualifications as defined in the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement and your responses to the assessment questions. You will be further evaluated/rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions to determine your competency in the following:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order)
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the assessment questionnaires. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance: * Veterans , i.e. (VEOA, VRA, and 30% or more disabled) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/ * Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) - https://www.ihs.gov/jobs/supporting-documents/permanentDocs/ctap.doc * Interagency Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ * Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/hiring/
Click here to view vacancy questions:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10240456 . All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date of 11/07/2019, to be considered.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Drug test required
- Required Documents
Required Documentation for Eligibility and Preference:
- Resume: You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number.
- Indian Preference Applicants: If claiming Indian preference, applicants must provide a completed copy of the Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only." Indian preference will not be given unless a properly signed and dated form is submitted with your application, including any verification by an authorized Tribal Representative or BIA Official of tribal enrollment records. For detailed instructions, see form BIA-4432. Refer to BIA-4432 link: https://www.bia.gov/sites/bia.gov/files/assets/public/raca/onlineforms/pdf/IndianPref1076-0160Exp3-31-21.pdf. When an Indian Preference candidate possesses Veterans' preference the rules regarding Veterans' preference apply under ESEP and the applicant must provide documentation in order to receive preference.
- Veterans Preference: If claiming Veteran's Preference provide a copy of your DD214 Form (Member 4 copy). To claim 10-Point Veteran's Preference, submit a SF-15 Application (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdffill/SF15.pdf) along with the appropriate supporting documentation. For additional information regarding Veterans Preference visit: www.fedshirevets.gov
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP, follow the instructions below: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctapguideline.pdf.
- Current or former Federal employee: Include your most recent SF50 or if Reinstatement eligible include your Career SF-50.
- Noncompetitive eligibles:submit additional documents to prove your eligibility to apply to this vacancy. Your application package MUST be complete by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 11/07/2019, the closing of this announcement.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below. Click 'Apply' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. 1. Follow the prompts to upload required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire. 2. Please ensure you click the 'Submit Application' button to submit your application. 3. Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. 4. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Home, then click the Job Title to expand the details. Return to an incomplete application by clicking Apply Online in the vacancy announcement and re-selecting your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account.
The IHS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office (Sara Dinger, 605-226-7399, and/or SARA.DINGER@IHS.GOV.) The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
For additional questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found here: https://www.ihs.gov/jobs/index.cfm?module=faq
Agency contact information
Great Plains Regional Treatment Center 12451 Hwy 1806 Mobridge, SD 57601 US
Learn more about this agency
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJobs account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJobs that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJobs Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the human resources office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
**If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502724700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 11/08/2018 to 11/07/2019
Pay scale & grade: WG 5
Salary: $15.84 to $18.49 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time