Avera Marshall Physical Therapy Technician in Yankton, South Dakota
· Casual/fill in as needed position with every 6th weekend/holiday rotation
· The Physical Therapy Technician prepares patients for treatment and maintains orderliness of department and therapy gym under the direction of the physical therapist.
· Greets and directs patients, schedules all new and reoccurring appointments, monitors all calls for therapists coming into the department.
· Will assist with prior authorizations. Handle new orders, obtain orders as necessary, close charts, send items for scanning, completion and filing of Pre-Work Screen packets, etc.
· Responsibilities of position include: reception, HIM duties, registration, tech duties, cleaning duties, audit duties, accounting, and material management duties.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent (GED).
· Six months previous work experience in a health care field preferred.